5 Secrets Every Business Needs to Know About BI
If you are in business today, you understand the term “Do More with Less“. It means:
- – Less budget
- – Less staff
- – Less time to build new products
- – Less time to make a sale
The only thing it gives you more of is stress!
Fortunately, business intelligence [BI] has come to the rescue by enabling us to get more valuable information from the data we once just viewed as transaction history records.
The trouble is, most see BI as just a technology – some tools that make our reporting more accessible, more frequent, and just a whole lot prettier to look at. When it comes to data, IT view data from their perspective, and the business needs it from another perspective. IT and the business just don’t seem to talk the same language. They use the same words – but the real needs of the business get lost in translation.
BI is more about improving the way we make decisions – decisions that are no longer based on key assumptions we have used for years that just may no longer be valid. It’s about understanding where decisions need to be made and ensuring that the right information is there in the right format to help the decision get made faster and deliver a better results. My previous book, Leading With SPI, covers this in detail, and provides you with the business framework to help you vastly improve your strategic execution.
Following on from Leading with SPI, we need to dig a little deeper into how BI is best introduced to the business, how to launch a BI Program and how to select the best solutions for your specific business needs.
Implementing BI had rather disastrous beginnings, but over 3-4 years, the real secrets of how to be successful with BI started to emerge. Having studied hundreds of different BI projects, and combining 10 years of implementing BI related programs, I have consolidated the best of the best into the BI Strategy Guide.
The secret to getting real value from BI is having a sound BI Strategy. This provides the answers to questions such as:
- How to start a BI Program
- Who should own BI and make decisions regarding BI investment
- How to identify the opportunities in the business that will return the highest ROI
- How to approach building a BI Roadmap
- What needs to be included in a BI Strategy Document
- How to keep BI Projects on track to deliver whats needed most
- The best way for IT and the business to communicate
- What BI tools really make the most difference to sales performance
If you are ready to tear down barriers between IT and the business, get rid of outdated IT Project methodologies that just don’t work for BI and unleash the power of the most performance enhancing tools a business has seen in years, then the BI Strategy Guide is for you.
Here’s what you get:
Just think about where your BI program will go if you don’t learn these secrets now……Struggling day to day to compete with other IT projects
- Work too hard just to get a few supporters willing to change the way they work now
- Not getting the promised value from your BI tools
- Watching other businesses get the sales
- More and more hours at the office!
To Start Improving Your Business with BI Now!
GET PRINT VERSION
DOWNLOAD EBOOK VERSION